- Use Pallets, 2 x 4's, plywood, anything that will keep your items off the floor of the storage unit.
- Utilize all the space in your unit. Make a plan as how you are going to arrange your items. A good plan will save you the time of having to rearrange your unit. Leave an aisle in the center of your unit so that you have a walk way to the back of the unit.
- Label the boxes on all sides and keep a list for easy reference. This will save you time if you have to look for something in particular. When packing fill them without making them too heavy to lift. Always put the heavier boxes on the bottom and the lighter ones on the top of the heavier ones. This will prevent boxes from being crushed.
- Be sure to store frequently used items at the front of the unit to avoid having to search for them.
- To protect your items cover them with moving pads, sheets or light blankets.
- Store mirrors and paintings on end, not flat
- If it is possible store couches on end. Stack chairs seat to seat. When stacking furniture use paper pads in between the items to avoid scratching.
- Save time with our FREE Truck!
- Do not use plastic to cover your belongings. It retains moisture.
- Do not store food items
- Do not pack boxes so that they are too heavy to carry, especially when you are packing books.
- Do not assume that your home owners or renters insurance will cover your belongings while they are in storage.
- Do not give out your password, gate code or any information to any one that is not listed as having "access".
- Do not use printed newspaper. The ink might smudge and get on your items.
- Do not forget to clean appliances before storing them.
- Do not store any toxins or flammable, such as paint, oil or gasoline.